Grind: Start with a medium-fine grind (#5.5), somewhere between the texture of granulated sugar and couscous.
- Place paper in black filter cap and lock onto brew chamber, place over cup.
- Bring water to boil and pour a small amount of water (approximately 4 ounces) through the filter-lined and capped brew chamber to rinse the paper filter and warm the server below.
- Let the water drop to 200 degrees, about 2 minutes off boil. Empty the water that was used to rinse the filter and warm the server.
- Fill brew chamber to just below the “1” mark with coffee.
- Pour approximately 2 ounces of water onto the ground coffee in the brew chamber. Start timer.
- Wait 30 seconds for the bloom to settle.
- Slowly fill with water to just above the “4” mark, stir gently, and wait one minute.
- Place plunger and slowly plunge brew into cup.
- Serve and enjoy.