Our last Brewing 101 post was about the SoftBrew method, which can also be used to make delicious iced coffee with ease. The amount of coffee to water will differ depending on the size of your brewer, but we recommend a ratio of 2g of coffee for every 1oz of water for cold brew.
Here’s how it works:
Here’s the text version of how it works:
- Grind your coffee beans at a French Press setting for nice coarse grounds.
- Add the freshly ground beans into the filter.
- Add half of the total water taking care to evenly soak the grounds.
- Stir for an even mixture and allow the bloom to settle.
- Add the rest of the water and give the grounds another good stir.
- Put the lid on the pot and place it in your refrigerator for 12-16 hours (overnight).
- Remove the filter.
- Pour and enjoy!
Get your SoftBrew system at Sowden.
We made our Cold SoftBrew coffee with Guaya’b – Vienna Roast. The resulting cold brew was rich and full bodied, which allowed for the complexity of the coffee to come through even with the addition of milk! Want to try it? Pick up a bag and see for yourself!