Grind: Start with a coarse grind setting (#8) approximately the size and texture of kosher salt. The particle size should be flaky, with visible chunks.
- Measure 2 grams for every ounce of water or 2 generously heaping tablespoons of ground for every 5 ounces of water.
- Bring water to a boil and pour a small amount into the press to pre-heat.
- Let the water drop to 200 degrees, about 2 minutes off boil.
- Pour out water used to pre-heat, pour in measured ground coffee, and pour the water to saturate grounds.
- Start timer. At one minute, gently stir dry cap with a spoon to completely saturate coffee in water. Place the top over the press.
- At 4 minutes, slowly press the coffee.
- Serve and enjoy.
Experiment with a finer grind for a more intense brew, or a coarser grind for a less intense brew.