Grind: Start with a fine grind setting (#3.5), slightly coarser than texture of granulated sugar. When pinched, the ground coffee should not compress or clump.
- Fill the coffee chamber with finely ground coffee, be careful not to pack the coffee too densely.
- In a kettle, boil enough water to fill the water chamber.
- Place freshly boiled water in the water chamber, place coffee-filled chamber on top, and, using a towel or pot holder to protect your hand from heat, screw on the brewed coffee chamber.
- Place the stove top espresso maker on a burner at low to medium heat.
- As the coffee brews, watch and listen for a sputtering noise; this signals the end of the brewing. Immediately remove the espresso maker from the stove and run the bottom (water chamber) under cold water for 10 seconds to cool the chamber and stop the extraction.
- Serve your fresh espresso and enjoy.